The Midland Emergency Weather Alert Radio, ER-210 is a valuable tool for emergency situations. It not only keeps you informed during severe weather or civil emergencies, but it can alert search and rescue teams to your whereabouts as well. It can be powered via a solar panel, a hand crank, or its rechargeable Li-ion battery, ensuring long-lasting functionality.
The radio can tune in AM and FM frequencies, as well as NOAA weather channels. There are seven preset weather channels with a frequency band between 162.400 and 162.550 MHz. A built-in flashlight with a Cree LED provides 130 lumens of light. It has low, high, and strobe modes, as well as an SOS beacon, which transmits SOS in Morse code for emergency assistance.
- Weather Alert Function: When a weather alert is received the weather alert function will sound an audible siren, and the flashlight and LCD screen will flash on and off for 1 minute to alert you to the incoming information.
- Emergency Help: The Cree LED flashlight can be used as an emergency beacon that flashes SOS in Morse Code.
- Long Battery Life: The included 2000mAh battery provides up to 25 hours of normal use.
- USB Charger: Charge the internal battery through the USB charger, or plug in your smartphones or tablets to charge them right from the radio’s USB outlet.
- LCD Screen: The LCD screen displays radio information as well as a clock, and can be back-lit for use in low light situations.