The LifeStraw Family 1.0 Water Purifier, Lightweight, EPA Approved, is ideal to purify water at base camps, while car camping, or when camping with groups. It will purify up to 18,000 liters or 4,755 gallons of water, removing bacteria, protozoa and viruses. Enough to supply a family of 5 with clean drinking water for up to 3 years.
It’s especially useful to have at home to purify contaminated tap water in the event of boil water advisories or emergency situations.
For every filter purchased, one free filter is given to a School in Kenya.
- Filters up to 4,750 gallons or 18,000 liters of water to 0.02 microns (20 nm)
- Removes minimum 99.999% of viruses (>LOG 5 reduction)
- Removes minimum 99.9999% of bacteria (>LOG 6 reduction)
- Removes minimum 99.99% of protozoan cysts (>LOG 4 reduction)
- Requires no electrical power, batteries, or replacement parts
- Requires no running water or piped-in water supply
- Flow-rate of 9-12 liters/hour
- 2 litres capacity
- Has an easy-to-clean pre-filter and purification cartridge
- All raw materials are US FDA compliant or equivalent
- Internationally recognized & award-winning water filter
- Used worldwide in harsh conditions since 2005