The Comprehensive Medical Kit, Mountain Series, Blue/Black is an excellent addition to your camping supplies. A good first aid kit is one of the essentials you should always take on a hike, for example, and it’s especially important on an overnight backpacking trip. Some of the stuff inside you’ll use fairly regularly and should replace often (moleskin for blisters, bandages, or aspirin), while others are rarely used but are critical in an emergency. Each person’s kit should vary depending on the medical conditions of the hikers in the party, the length and duration of the trip, and the area you’ll be hiking into.
It’s also a good idea to supplement the kits with additional equipment, any prescription medications you’re taking and medications for conditions specific to the hikers in your group (epinephrine pen for those allergic to bee stings, for example).
This kit contains:
- Includes: Patient Assessment Form, Instructions Easy Care Bleeding, Trauma Pad, Triple Antibiotc Ointment, After Cuts & Scrapes Antiseptic Wipe, Povidone Iodine, Dressing, Bandages
- Glutose Paste, Scrub Brush, Moleskin, Scalpel, Safety Pins, Pencil, Plastic Vial, Tincture of Benzoin Topical Adhesive, Gloves, Ibprofen, Waterproof Matches
- Instructions Easy Care Wound, Cotton Tip Applicator, Duct Tape, Antacid, Cold Medicine, Eye pad, Dressing, Thermometer, Splinter Picker/Tick Remover Forceps
- EMT Shears, Antihistamine, Cortisone Cream, Oral Rehydration Salts, After Bite Wipe, Tape, Molefoam, Dentemp, Acetaminophem, Instructions Easy Care CPR, GlacierGel, Diamode, Instructions Easy Care Medications, Comp. Guide to Wilderness & Travel Medicine
- Aspirin, Trauma Pad, CPR Face Shield, Wound Closure Strips, Syringe, Aloe Vera Gel with Lidocaine, Instructions Easy Care Fracture & Sprain, SAMA Splint, Aloksak Waterproof Bag