The versatile Big Berkey Countertop Water Filter System is the ideal system for use at home with small or medium sized families, travel, outdoor activities or during unexpected emergencies. The system includes the Big Berkey stainless steel housing (Upper, Lower & Lid), 2 Black Berkey Filters, 2 Fluoride Elements, 2 Hole Plugs, 1 knob, 1 easy flow spigot, and 1 set of easy to follow assembly instructions.
When drinking water has been filtered using a Berkey purifier, you can rest assured that your water is clean and safe for consumption. In fact, Black Berkey purifier elements are far more powerful compared to competitors water filters. When tested Berkey water filter elements removed 100% of pathogens, allowing them to be classified as purifiers rather than simply filters. The included two (white) Berkey fluoride filters attach to the bottom of the Berkey Purifiers and hang in the lower chamber. Berkey fluoride filters reduce the amount of fluoride in your water UP TO 95%. Each Fluoride filter has a lifespan of 1,000 gallons and each purifier can filter up to 3,000 gallons.
The versatile Big Berkey system is powerful system purifies both treated water and untreated raw water from such sources as remote lakes, streams, stagnant ponds and water supplies in foreign countries, where regulations may be substandard at best. Constructed of highly polished 304 stainless steel, the system comes complete with four purification elements and utilizes the latest technological advances. The Big Berkey system has a storage capacity of 2.25 gallons of purified water (6,000 gallons for a two-filter system) and each (1) Fluoride Filter can filter up to 1,000 gallons. When in use it stands 19.25″ in height with a diameter of 8.5″.
- Big Berkey stainless steel housing (Upper, Lower, Lid and spigot etc.), 2 Black Berkey Filters, and 2 Fluoride Elements.
- Holds 2.25 gallons of purified water. Designed for home use for 4 to 16 people
- The Big Berkey is made with High Grade 304 Stainless Steel and measures 8.5″D x 21″H when assembled
- Each (1) Purification Element has a lifespan of 3,000 gallons. That’s 6,000 gallons for a two-filter system.
- Each (1) Fluoride Filter attaches onto the stem of the Black Element, as a post filters, and can filter up to 1,000 gallons (3,785 liters).